Skip to main content

Mumbai local

          Travelling to new places is the hobby I am focusing much more in past few years so when this opportunity came for an official visit to Mumbai, I grabbed it with both hands - both figuratively & literally with as it involved carrying one suitcase with equipment.

          There's nothing special to talk bout the journey or the job I went for so I will go straight to the Vashi railway station from where I caught my first Mumbai local train. It was very easy to get on board compared to what I had imagined & was both cheaper & faster compared to the taxi ride I opted to reach early. The struggle to get home is real in Mumbai & I got to experience it this time. It took all the three modes of commute - train, rickshaw & taxi - plus one & a half hour through the evening life of Kurla, Sion & Dadar to reach my hotel. Finally I found the bed to let my body to relax after a tiring day.

          Now the job was over but it was already 7 pm so the idea of experiencing Mumbai's night life was dropped & I headed to the nearest bar to taste something new. This time I opted the Old Monk rum to find out why its liked so much by the three idiots from five point someone. The dinner was bad so the next best thing was a good sleep.

          Saturday began late at around 7.30 as I finished the sleeping quota of previous day. Now was the time of sightseeing to make the tour more fruitful. As I have about 4 hours to pass, I decided to explore more of the Mumbai local & reached Andheri in a flash. The Juhu beach is surrounded by costly hotels & residences of very rich & hence the whole area is totally clean, the atmosphere is completely peaceful. Anyway I always find myself at peace on the beach. And as memorabilia of this tour, I got myself clicked by a professional photographer.

          So here I decided to wrap up the impromptu tour of Mumbai & reached Vile parle via rickshaw to catch local train to Mumbai Central. But there was yet another lesson (very much) due to be learnt - the difference between MMCT & CST which I learned the hard way. I boarded the train to CST instead of MMCT & realized it only after almost reaching there. It was already afternoon & about an hour & half remaining to board train to home so I panicked as usual & caught taxi from to reach one hour before.

          As always, about one hour was spent in the railway premises. It was my first journey on a Rajdhani train, second one on the double decker superfast & both way the refreshments were the only good thing in the otherwise tiresome journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wet lands & Warm Vibes..

Lost in the labyrinth of the equity derivatives, I forgot to plan the Diwali vacation this year & got infinitely bored in the Diwali week. Anyway, it was over somehow & it was time to plan the Winter vacation. Being in my forties, these days I worry more about time than about bank balance. So a new tour operator & a new corner of India was selected for the winter vacation. Overnight journey by connecting flights was a terrible decision & the night spent at the airport has been stored in my memory for use whenever I may need to act miserable. The sleepless night was too slow to step aside & let us begin our journey to Kaziranga national park. Day 1 - Kaziranga Jeep Safari Kaziranga Jeep Safari Meghalaya literally means 'abode of clouds' & the clouds were ready to welcome us on the very first outing of the trip. There was no sign of rains on our journey to Kaziranga & so my raincoat stayed in the hotel just like the animals stayed away in their homes l...

in the God's own country..

          The quarterly alarm started ringing in my head from the beginning of September as 3 months had elapsed since my last tour of Goa & as per my personal new normal, a holiday was due. So after exploring all the suitable options, a package tour of Kerala offered by Yatra was booked.           The selection was done due to the variety of attractions available in the same trip - hill station of Munnar, Jungle safari at Thekkady, beach at Alleppey. This was my first experience of a package tour which was quite pleasant especially as all the daytime transportations were included - there was no night life to go for anyway. Day 1 - Kochi to Munnar                          About 100 km drive on narrow roads surrounded completely by trees takes you to Munnar from Kochi airport. As you get closer to Munnar, hills with tea plantations add to the beauty of the scenic ro...

Valley of the Gods via Queen of the hills

May the month of May never come again is the wish we make every year & yet it does come back with seemingly more power. The power we know we can only hide from - behind walls cooled by ACs/coolers or inside airconditioned cars. Staying out becomes bare minimum to save our skin but there comes a point when we miss the feel of the outside world & that makes an excellent excuse for a trip to a cool hill station. The wanderlust in me has become so overpowering that having no savings at all couldn't stop me from planning a summer escape away from the scorching heat. After the dull group tour of White desert, costly disappointment of Nainital-Corbett solo tour & distressing Jaisalmer group tour, I was extra cautious to avoid any fiasco this year. So the professional help & doubling of the budget was the right decision after all as the trip turned out to be a memorable one. May 7-9, 2025 Mock drills were the talk of the town all day & it was obviously the day one of re...